link

ads

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Game Week 1 : NW State

*Logo use covered under Fair Use Doctrine*

     The first game... This is the week everything comes together.  After the long hard camp, it is almost surprising that game week is finally here.  The blur of camp brings upon this week and you try and turn your focus into game preparation and get your legs back under you.  This is what we have been working for since November 26th after our season was ended without a bowl game.  All the preparation, work outs, film study, blood, sweat, and tears is all for us to do one thing... WIN.  The first game is always gut wrenching.  I have gone through in my head a million times how the game will go.  Me making the big hit, interception, and forced fumble.  I imagine the atmosphere, the fans, the excitement but nothing can prepare you for it.  I am nervous and excited at the same time.  I want to make a great first impression and not make a mistake.  Making a mistake or much more to lose a game is like eight months of hard work down the drain.  I have put in a lot of work and effort into making this team and myself succeed.  When you have that much invested, it makes game day that much more critical.  But when it comes down to it, that's the way football is.  A whole year of work and preparation for thirteen tests of your team's ability.  I'm not going to let one go to waste this year.  I'm going to go out there and give everything I have... be a fearless champion... and let the chips fall where they may.

-Student of the Game

No comments:

Post a Comment