link

ads

Monday, October 15, 2012

Bringing the Mountaineers Back Down to Earth


     Shock and awe! Well that's how everybody outside of the locker room felt.  We on the other hand had confidence in our ability and were excited for this game.  A top 5 team, new to the Big 12, and a player who is a Heisman hopeful... we were ready to play.  West Virginia maybe came in a little over confident.  I usually don't say anything bad about opponents, but this was by far the most cocky and arrogant team (ON THE FIELD) I have ever faced both watching film and in person.  I'm not talking about off the field or their character, but how they play the game.  I have played a lot of football too, so I think that says something.  I might be wrong, but that's how I saw it.  Everyone has an attitude playing football, but it seemed to be more than that.  From Eugene Smith not shaking hands at the coin toss and waving us off to Tavon Austin doing his strut after every single catch he made, they were all about Me, Myself, and I... but the best TEAM won the game.  We came in with a great game plan and executed well on all sides of the ball.  Offense, defense, special teams, and sideline were all into the game and contributed to the victory.  The media has informed me of some accomplishments and they love these kind of the stats, but the reason behind these are nothing special and credit goes to many people other than me.  I have surpassed 300 tackles, but I think that's because I have been here too long!  The coaches have also made a big emphasis on tackling in practice.  I also have received the Big 12 Player of the Week, and I have to give all the credit to God, the coaching staff, and the rest of the Chain Gang.  Overall, this was a much needed great win at home.

     I was personally not surprised at the outcome.  I know what this team is made of and the potential that we have.  I'm more confident in my team than I have been since I have been here.  However, potential is a big word and never has anything to do with results.  We have a long way to go and a lot of improvement still to make.  We have to learn from last year (OU win) and not let this big win be our last.  The Big 12 is tougher than ever, and we must take it week by week. Just another day on the job... On to the next game.

-Student of the Game
#TTUChainGang

No comments:

Post a Comment