link

ads

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Watching and Waiting for the NFL Draft


The NFL Draft is finally here!  After a long and hard process it is time to watch and wait.  This process has challenged me in every way mentally and physically.  Starting the day after the bowl game selecting an agent and a training facility.  Then moving to Dallas to train and prepare.  Two weeks later I went to Florida for a week for the shrine game and played my last amateur football game.  I then went through three testing events at the Regional Combine in Houston, Texas Tech pro day, and the Super Regional Combine in Dallas.  Between then I have had four private workouts and one team visit going up to Detroit.  Lastly I have been on the phone it seems non stop interviewing and giving teams information to complete my draft profile.  All of this process has been crazy and stressful, but it has also been exciting and I am truly blessed and thankful to be living my dream.  I would like to send a special thanks to my God, agent Jerry Marlatt, training team at Geared4Speed with Melvin and Jerry Bullitt, wife, family, friends, teammates, and all the Texas Tech and Stephenville staffs that have supported and helped me get where I am today.  I have done everything I can to put myself in a position to get drafted, now it is time to put it in God's hands and have faith.  Whatever happens, I know this is just the first step and I will continue to work towards my goal of playing in the NFL.

-Student of the Game
#Blessed

No comments:

Post a Comment