link

ads

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Taking a Leap of Faith


     I am back from my break!  I enjoyed my time off from football and blogging while touring Texas to see my family for one last time before the craziness begins.  In the span of two weeks I visited the in-laws at their home, visited my brother, vacationed with my wife's family in San Antonio, visited my parents at their home, and finally celebrated the 4th of July at my uncles with extended family.  If that wasn't enough, there are a lot of kids and babies in the family right now so I was extra worn out from uncle and cousin duties.  I managed to work out at various local high schools to stay in shape.  I loved getting to spend time with my family, but all this traveling and not having a set home is stressful.  Since late December 2012 from the bowl game on to my training, all star game, pro day, regional combines, wedding, honeymoon, draft, rookie camp, and OTAs I have been on the move and living out of a suitcase.  I am chasing my dream and wouldn't have it any other way, but with my wife living back in Lubbock a decision had to be made.  Either we stay apart while I try the NFL or we go for it and see what happens.

     The leap of faith it is!  After a long and hard decision making process we decided to go ahead and move to St Louis.  Having the most unpredictable job possible, I knew this would be a very risky decision and at the end of the day we could be here one day, the rest of our life, or something in between.  We wanted to be together, I felt good about my chances of making the team, and when Ashley's company posted a job opening in St Louis for July we jumped on it.  Ashley was transferred and after the two week break we headed to Lubbock to pack up.  As you can see above we loaded a big moving truck and towed our car all of the grueling 15 hours to St Louis, Missouri.  My foot was about cramped solid from driving that long without a cruise control, but I'm now happy to have a home base and my wife with a solid job.  Hopefully she won't have to be the provider this year, but whatever happens we have a backup plan.  After a long couple of days moving in and painting (I told y'all she would use my painting skills now!) we were able to spend a week together before I move into the hotel for training camp on Sunday.  I have a long and hard road ahead and I will focus on what I can control, try my hardest to do my best, and have faith in God's plan.

-Student of the Game
#CrunchTime

My painting skills need some fine tuning.  Note to self: don't buy the off brand painter's tape.

No comments:

Post a Comment