link

ads

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Ask An Athlete #5: From whom I model my game


     David West comes to me with this question, "I am hoping to be a NFL scout one day and I watched your film and I see a good future ahead of you.. In the NFL who do you mold your game around? Who do you look up to? I see good footwork and you play with great motor.. I love your size and you seems to have a nose for the ball! Best of luck in the NFL.. you have the tools to be a good starter in the league!"

     Thanks for the question David!  I get this question a lot and it is a favorite for the media to ask.  Honestly I don't mold my game around anyone.  I never have been a die hard fan of any player or tried to model my game off of anyone.  I always wanted to be my own player and have my own style.  This is also because I am not a football guru that keeps up with everything there is to know about players, history, stats, and personal information.  It just is not part of who I am, but that doesn't mean I don't love football and work very hard at it.  I don't model my game after anyone, but there are a few that I enjoy watching.  I have always been a fan of a players like Deion Sanders, Brian Dawkins, and Troy Polamalu.  Deion is just plain entertaining to watch although I would never be that flamboyant.  Brian and Troy I like because they are quiet men of faith, but once they hit the field they become a different animal and perform at a high level.  They are also humble and I respect that about them.  That is how I try and play.  My motto is "don't talk about it, be about it."  As I go through this process I will look up to the veteran safeties and coaches to learn as much as possible from them.  They will give me valuable knowledge and tips to give me the best chance to succeed in the NFL.  I will continue to be humble and concentrate on what I can control, and then have faith in God's plan to take care of the rest.

     If you would like to ask me a question or want to see a post about something specific, head on over to the Ask An Athlete page to submit your question. Thanks!

-Student of the Game
#AskAnAthlete

No comments:

Post a Comment