link

ads

Monday, May 20, 2013

Looking for a New Church Home


     A church home will be important for me as I continue to try and become a better Christian.  People always say "you don't have to go to church to go to heaven, I just live right."  Well you don't have to know the playbook to be good in football either.  Hebrews 10:25 says, "Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching."  I will continue to make church a priority in life because the bible is my playbook and I want to be in a community of faith that sharpens each other and is the salt of the earth.  Abigail Van Buren once said, "A church is a hospital for sinners, not a museum for saints."  I am not perfect and don't pretend to be. I still have a long way to go in my faith and church will better help me learn, worship, and serve.

     Now that I am in St Louis it is time to find a new church home.  I have been blessed to be apart of First Baptist Church in Lubbock, Texas for the last couple of years.  This is where I began my faith journey that was my own, which I explained in an earlier post.  I attended and became a member of this church for many reasons.  First and foremost it challenged me to become a better Christian.  From the engaged/married bible study to the service, the message was always to the point and backed up by scripture.  I really liked our pastor and also my friend Bobby Dagnel, who was always transparent on how he was, spoke his mind, and didn't sugarcoat anything.  It was a great community of faith that prided itself on serving the lord, always providing opportunities to get involved and stay connected.  I will look for these qualities in a new church home.

-Student of the Game
#ToGodBeTheGlory

No comments:

Post a Comment