link

ads

Thursday, May 9, 2013

The long road to St. Louis


     The long process of becoming a rookie has only just begun.  It all started yesterday with a long road trip from Lubbock, Texas to St. Louis, Missouri.  I am leaving Texas Tech with great memories, successful college football career, a degree, and an amazing beautiful wife.  It was a fast five years and now that college is over, there is no more certainty or path set out for us to follow.  Now we are headed on to the hectic business of the NFL and trying to make our own way.  A contract only means that you have an opportunity with the team, but you have to prove yourself in rookie mini camp, OTAs, and training camp if you want to make the final cut.  To start my journey I drove 838 miles and 12 hours yesterday and I am now in what might be my new home of St. Louis.  We got straight to business today as we started rookie mini camp. After paperwork and equipment fitting, we had preliminary meetings and prepared for tomorrow where we will have a full day and get back to why we are all here... football!  We will have to take the playbook information overload, and show we have the ability to learn fast and be able to turn that into production on the field.  I am ready to get out there and start to prove myself, one play at a time.  Day 2 on deck...

-Student of the Game
#RamsRookies

No comments:

Post a Comment